For some inexplicable reason, my blog is producing malware errors in Google Chrome, saying that my site contains code from softwarecode.ru:
The problem occurs:
- Only in Chrome – Firefox and IE are fine.
- Only on single posts, not the home page, categories, or pages (that I’ve seen).
- Intermittently – fairly consistently on certain posts, but then not on others
So far, to troubleshoot it, I have:
- Made sure WordPress, all plugins and my theme are up-to-date.
- Tried deactivating all plugins
- Reinstalled WordPress
Google doesn’t seem to have much on the softwarecode.ru domain, so this must be a new and fairly unique problem. I figured I’d be finding all kinds of things about it, but whatever the problem is, I seem to Patient Zero, or darn near it.
Any ideas would be helpful.
UPDATE: I got on with GoDaddy support and we restored my files to last week… seemed to fix the problem. Meanwhile, I’ve installed a couple of security plug-ins. Hopefully the database isn’t infected. That would be a royal pain.