Since Google+ and now Facebook have added hashtags, there’s a whole new level of branding and reputation management opening up. In light of that, I think I’d better lay a strong and early claim to #ScottAllen.
I am NOT…
- K. Scott Allen aka @OdeToCode (I consider myself an ex-coder)
- The 1964 Olympic bronze medalist in men’s figure skating (I took lessons at Ice Capades when I was 8…does that count?)
- Director of the United Heritage Center at The Dell Diamond (though I live right around the corner)
- A Seattle architect (though my cousin is)
- An investigative reporter for The Boston Globe (though I used to be a Guide for About.com)
- A killer rock guitarist (I try, but…)
Those are all very fine other Scott Allens who you’ll easily find on Google. But they’re not #ScottAllen (sorry, guys — I call dibs!).
Seriously, though…if you haven’t started laying claim to your name and started making your fame, better hop in the game and get on your way to #HashtagFame.
OK, that was #lame.
Anyway… #GetThePoint? #WhatUGonnaDoAboutIt?